Stage 2 - Attempt 1

12 July

I had an IV inserted at 9am and was collected and taken to theatre at 9.50am.  There seemed to be a bit of waiting around and the ladies in the theatre were working on something on a table in the corner of the room.  I asked - "is that my scrotal skin?" - they all laughed and said yes.  

Once again a really relaxed atmosphere.  The last thing I recall is seeing the clock at 10.15am.

I woke in the recovery room at midday.  I reached down and couldn't feel any changes to my groin area and could tell that the surgery didn't proceed.  I was taken back to the ward and asked a nurse if she knew what was happening - she thought that they were going to wait up to 3 more days.

I took a look and there is iodine around my groin area and I feel a bit sore inside the vaginal canal. Really didn't do anything else, watched TV and Netflix and wandered up and down the ward.


This is the entrance to the operating theatre wing



No comments:

Post a Comment