The Big Reveal!

18 July

Today is the day I have been waiting so long for, the big reveal!

Dr Sanguan, another doctor and three nurses came into my room.  Firstly Dr Sangan remoed the vacuum suction device, then removed the catheter and then picked out the packing from inside my vagina.  He inspected inside the vagina and reported that the skin graft had taken successfully, which was fantastic.  

He then used a dilator, a glass resin dildo shaped tool, to check my depth. First he used the slimmest dilator (#1) and was able to get it in to 5.5 inches.  He then tried #3 and then #4.  There are 6 dilators in total, and they were waiting for me on the bench, I was to start dilating tomorrow, and would be shown the technique by a nurse.

I then was able to stand up.  Dr Sanguan and the nurses were very concerned as I took some steps forward and continued to the end of the room, turned and walked back.  I passed the test!

The grafts across my thighs were very tight, and I could only take small steps, but I was mobile, could have a shower and was able to urinate successfully.  It dribbled out everywhere and felt quite different (comes out so much sooner than used to), but it was not impeded and I was also able to go to poo poo without issues, which was great!

Dr Sanguan and I

The nurse team

Was able to wash my hair!



Freedom from tubes





No comments:

Post a Comment