Two days in bed, can't sit up, needed to poo poo...

16 / 17 July

Stayed in bed all day, I wasn't able to sit up or do anything to stress or put pressure on my vaginal graft.  I really had the urge to go to toilet in the afternoon, and had to admit defeat and ask the nurse for a bed pan.  

This was an incredibly excruciating experience.  Lying flat, trying to relax and let things happen without pushing and whilst some came out it wasn't much but releived the pressure.  It took about 20 minutes and I was so apologetic to the nurses.  The lined the plastic bedpan with a quilted paper bed sheet / towel and used that to clean me and take away what was in the pan.  All very easily done and not the drama I anticipated.

One thing I have since come to appreciate is how women's health is so much more intrusive and I certainly learnt this over the coming weeks.

Dr Sanguan came in and checked out the wounds, was very happy with what he saw and said that he would remove the packing on 18 July.

I am able to re-start my HRT!


Patches back on!!


Wondering what it looks like under here



The graft scar is covered with tape



Happy me, in no pain, tomorrow I will see her! Also maybe have a shower!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment