First Stage Surgery and Breast Augmentation

6 July 2022

My journey from the ward to the theatre consisted of a transfer from the bed to a trolley in a quarantine area, questioned on two occasions by staff as to my name, date of birth and what procedure I was having and then being wheeled into the operating theatre and transferred onto the operating table.  

The medical staff in the room were in good spirits, quiet music was playing, the room was bright, clean and full of technology.  The anesthetist introduced himself and again asked what I was here for, and then described the process that I would undergo whilst in his care.

Dr Sanguan entered the room and stood next to me on the table, asking if I had any questions, and saying that after I wake up I would be back in the ward.  I just asked him to fit the biggest size implants he could in and he laughed, and agreed.

I was strapped to the table by my arms, which were extended outwards either side on platforms that were swiveled out from alongside the table.    An oxygen mask was placed over my face and I took some deep breaths and as I drifted into unconsciousness I was overcome with calmness and a real feeling of peace.

As detailed in the previous post, this first stage involved creating a vaginal canal and the vulva.  Before this procedure my breast surgery was carried out.

I understand that the surgery was around 9 hours in total, and I woke back in the ward, wondering if it went to plan as I felt no pain whatsoever.  My shoulders and arms ached, and when I went to roll over I felt tightness across the top of my chest.   The arms were aching due to being extended for so long and the pain across my chest was where the implants had been inserted under the muscle at the top of my chest.

I had bandages across my chest and two pipes coming from the bandaged area between my legs.  I could feel sensation 'down there' when I did a pelvic floor contraction and was so happy that I had feeling!  

I basically snoozed on and off all afternoon, Fran stayed with me that night in the room.

Fran and I after waking up and sitting up later in the day following the Stage 1 surgery

 


No comments:

Post a Comment